Yesterday was my birthday. And although it didn’t have anything in the way of limousines or cavier or roses or fireworks – it was easily the best day… EVER.
I’m a simple girl. Very simple. I require very little in the way of pampering and am quite content with the very simplest of things that life has to offer. In fact, given the choice between opulent and rustic… I’d go with rustic every single time.
I like this about me. There are no apologies here.
And this day was exactly that.
My sweetie planned a wonderful day for me and I felt really special. So thank you to all who sent me a message. Thank you to all who patiently tolerated my excessive Instagramming. And thank you to the sweet man I share my life with for knowing exactly what I wanted and giving me exactly that.
Birthday Top 10
1. Secret card stash that had carefully been kept from me
2. Bachelor Finale in Bed with poonums & the Mr.
4. Chalkboard Wallin’
5. Branston Pickle for Birthday Lunch
6. Birthday Baking with Sweetie (as one of my presents he agreed to be my sous chef… NO DISHES!)
8. Maple Dijon Shallot Vinaigrette
9. Birthday Dinner
10. Raspberry Chocolate Roll
Note: We added 1 tbsp of chopped shallots & made our salad with extra old cheddar instead of blue cheese & omitted the nuts because the Mr. detests them. Sigh.