One of my favorites of summer is corn on the cob. AMAZING, right? But corn off the cob is just as grand and such an easy way to spruce up a salad in an instant. I bike past this corn stand every day afte work and am often persuaded to stop. This salad is the culmination of one such day.
Mmm… Corn and Kale salad with Feta and Pea Sprouts
Dressing recipe from Jamie Oliver
- 3 cups of kale, washed & chopped
- kernels from 1 cob of corn
- 1/2 cup of feta, crumbled
- 1 cup of pea sprouts
- 1/3 cup of natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- S & P
- Prep all your ingredients & combine in a big bowl
- Put 1/3 cup of natural yoghurt, 2 tablespoons of white or red wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil into a jam jar with a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, put the lid on the jar and shake well.
ps. If you’re not eating kale instead of lettuce, you’re really missing out on some serious flavour & nutrition. Like, it’s rich in calcium…. hello!