This cake is PERFECT for extreme heat – so definitely appropriate for this crazy heat wave we’re currently basking in. Not only that, but it’s super easy to make & even the most novice baker could swing it. I promise.
In fact, the only problem you might have is trying to assemble it in a kitchen without air conditioning…
Fear not! If you work quickly, assemble it YOU WILL!
Mmm… Raspberry Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- 500 mL whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 1 tsp sugar
- 9 Dairy Queen Ice Cream Sandwiches (or however many you need to fit your pan)
- LOTS of raspberries (approximately 3 cups)
GENIUS Way of Whipping Cream: Add whipping cream, vanilla pods (scraped out of vanilla bean), & sugar to your food processor and pulse the shiz out of it until it forms stiff peaks. Around 30-40 pulses. AMAZINGNESS as taught by the fabulous Tracy of Shutterbean.
- Lightly coat the bottom of your pan (I used a square spring-form pan) with whip cream
- Jam as many ice cream sandwiches into your pan on top of the thin whip cream layer
- Cram as many individual raspberries into any gaps that exist in between the sandwiches
- Briefly process the remaining berries careful not to puree. You want texture!
- Mix together the remaining whipping cream & the processed berries AND spread on top of your happy sandwiches
- Freeze for at least 2 hours!!! Don’t cheat cuz it’ll be UGLY! (or do because in my opinion ugly tastes amazing in this case)
- Take out for 15 minutes prior to serving & cut with a hot knife (no judgement on the size of your pieces… they’ll probably be HUGE!)
ps. This post was not sponsored by Dairy Queen, however if they want to repay me in Mini Blizzards… I’m sure we could work something out!