With another hot weekend coming up, I just have to share this recipe with you! Why?
Because they are really, REALLY yum & really, REALLY versatile!
Yummy cremini mushrooms with luscious balsamic and a kick of red pepper flakes – what’s not to love? Taken from Miss Fancy-pants herself – Martha Stewart – this is my new favorite roasted vegetable of the summer. Either hot or cold, these little suckers are absolutely delicious!
Mmm… Balsamic Mushrooms
Taken from here
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved (quartered if large)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar, salt, and red-pepper flakes, and season with pepper. Cook 1 minute more. Transfer to a bowl, and serve.
- OPTION 1: Serve hot with roasted vegetables like red pepper and zuchinni & garnish with cubed Edam cheese and chopped herbs.
- OPTION 2: Serve cold on a vegetable sandwich with mashed avocado & roasted vegetables.
- OPTION 3: Serve cold or hot as a part of a summer antipasto with other sliced vegetables & fresh cheeses.
Happy weekend, everybody!