You might have noticed that I have a thing with muffins/breakfast breads. I think this is my fifth post about this kind of thing. And here’s the reason…
I’m a lazy morning person.
I need grab & go foods and want to make sure they give me good long-lasting energy that will see me through to lunchtime. I have grand intentions of one day being organized enough to make a smoothie or incorporate eggs into my breakfast routine, but for now… grab & go it is.
These are amazing, by the way. Not too sweet. Crunchy. With a kick of chocolate decadence.
Heidi Swanson does it again…
Mmm… Bran Muffins with Dark Chocolate
adapted from Super Natural Every Day by Heidi Swanson
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1 1/2 cup plan, unsweetened bran cereal
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup natural cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 of a 100g bar of Dark Chocolate, chopped… so ya, that would be 50g (ha!)
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Rough chop the dark chocolate, set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, yogurt, maple syrup
- Sprinkle bran & cereal across the top and allow to sit for 5 minutes
- Mix together remaining dry ingredients in small bowl
- Incorporate the two until just mixed, pour into 12-cup muffin tin
- Bake for 18-22 minutes
Mmm…. So yummy!