In searching for Mother’s Day present inspiration, I came across this extremely cute idea. That combined with the fact that I have a plethora of loose leaf teas (FREE TEA is one of the many perks of working at Bridgehead…), I thought this was the perfect solution.
Who doesn’t love spa shiz, right?
Anyways, I’ve since tested them out and let me tell you… the sea salt makes your skin super soft and the teas make your skin smell super good, plus it smells good all around you so there’s this whole aromatherapy thing going on. Trust me, either way you look at it, it’s a win-win!
MAKE YOUR OWN: Sleepy Time Tub Tea
Note: Using the pre-made fabric tea bags makes this MUCH easier, but if you can’t find any the cheese cloth alternative works just fine.
- Pre-made fabric tea bags or organic cheese cloth & twine
- Loose leaf Fair Trade Peppermint Tea
- Loose leaf Fair Trade Chamomile Tea
- Coarse sea salt
- Using fabric tea bags, scoop in 2 tbsp of each tea & 2 tbsp of sea salt.
- Using cheese cloth method, you can follow Martha’s VERY SPECIFIC instructions OR… you can wing it like me: I think I cut 8×8 inch squares of cheesecloth and folded them a couple times gathering it all together at the top to tie off with twine.
KNOW-IT-ALL Tub Tea ‘STEEPING’ Suggestions
- Pour yourself a bath with only hot water, you’ll have to plan ahead in order to avoid scalding your bits (haha!)
- Drop your tub tea into the bath and allow the tea to steep while your water cools down to a non-bit-threatening temperature (around 20 minutes should do it)
- Get in & reeeeeeeee-lax
- If you use 2 of the cloth tea bags, once ‘steeping’ is done, use the tea bags as eye pillows. I think I read somewhere that it reduces puffiness…