Yes, you can buy this pre-made. Yes, you can buy it made with Lemongrass Tea – you can even get it that way at Bridgehead. But I find it to taste the best made like this. There is something both refreshing and warming about this tea, not to mention ALL the health benefits that come from drinking it!
So to everyone experiencing the Well-Into-Winter blahs… drink this and think Spring.ish thoughts.
RECIPE: Mmm… Lemon Ginger Tea
- Slice of fresh lemon
- 2 tsp of Bridgehead loose leaf Jade Cloud Green Tea
- 1.5 cups of boiling water, cooled for 5 minutes
- tea bag, optional
- Wash your lemon with soap and water (I heard somewhere there were frequently traces of POOP on lemons and limes = paranoia!!!)
- Pour boiling water into your favorite mug and let it cool for 5 minutes
- Add tea and lemon and let it steep for 3-5 minutes
Note: It’s important not to add green and white tea leaves directly to boiling water as the high temperature will kill the antioxidants. Also, I tend to leave my green tea loose in my mug and sip around the leaves. You can choose to use a tea bag or filter if you wish.