You could call this a salad, you could call it a meal. I call it YUMMY!
I always find it amazing when I love healthy food. For some reason, I feel that healthy food should always = BLECH! So, when I find a recipe where I’m eating healthy and it tastes good, I always feel like I’m cheating the system somehow. Come and join me in the illicit fun!
RECIPE: Mmm… Mexican Quinoa
- 2 cups of uncooked quinoa
- Big bunch of spinach, chopped (approx. 1 cups)
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup of red onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup of organic corn kernels (use frozen corn… the canned shiz has a lot of preservatives in it)
- 1 jar of PC organic HOT salsa (you can use mild if you want, but… no Linsiloo guarantees)
- 1 can of PC black kidney beans
- 1 lime, juiced
- S & P
- Follow “Cooking Directions for the Boiling-Challenged”
- Set cooked quinoa aside and allow it to cool
- Mix all the ingredients together and season as you like
- Chill for an hour
- Squirt a bit of fresh lime on it and garnish with chunks of avocado & extra old cheddar
Aww… this is my brother Andrew. (Everybody say “Hi!”)
He came over to spend the day with me. We had some good chats – love those! Plus, I got him to test out this recipe. He was scared, a little. At first didn’t want his own bowl. (I think he thinks healthy = blech, too!) But after tasting mine, he wanted his very own bowl!
Normally, he lives in Regina and I miss him very much! So… it was SUPER nice spending the afternoon with him!